Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hysterical Blindness

I'm not sure if what I watched yesterday with Rachel was a good movie or not, but it was certainly thought-provoking. I guess it made me reflect on my own behavior. I'm really bad at picking battles, or even knowing if I do have a valid reason to get mad, upset or offended, which is a main reason why I usually don't confront people when I have issues with them. Sometimes this works and it goes away. Sometimes it festers. Sometimes I'll be extra nice the next time around someone is mean or thoughtless to me--not because I want them to treat me better (although that IS sometimes part of it) but mostly because I don't want to hurt them or to let them know that they hurt me. That I'm not petty and hold grudges. Dumb, huh. Doesn't really work. I guess I identified with Uma Thurman's character more than I'd prefer. Good times. Anyway, it was so sweet. Due to yesterday's blog, Rachel saw fit to RE-RENT a movie for me (Pieces of April) because she knew I wanted to see it so badly. Sometimes doing a hobby in front of a favorite movie IS the answer to all the world's problems. At least to some of mine. I got a lot done yesterday. Even exercised a bit. I did 15 pushups! And we're talking real ones. And we'll ignore the fact that I used to be able to do over twice that on my mission. Those were the days. Or were they? I won't mention how many sit ups I was able to muster. We'll just say the ratio was a lot more unbalanced. I vacuumed my room, completed three art projects for my class (I'm so behind, it's ridiculous) I wrote two letters; this morning I woke up early and did thirty minutes of scripture study, which always makes me feel better about myself (although never initially... that snooze button is my bestest friend and greatest enemy in the mornings). Anyway, this is Kari's impression of trying to get her ducks in a row. I'mtryingsohard. General Conference is this weekend. Excited, I am.

No comments: