
I totally forgot one of the main things I want

ed to include. I found out last week that my practically surrogate Dad from my mission-Chas Raine, suffered a heart attack, which was a bit too reminiscent of when my own Daddy had one on my first day on my mission. Sick. But like my Dad he just stayed in the hospital for like a day and came home with meds and orders to take it easy. Chas can't drive for a month, which sucks for him because he's a milk man (Isn't that so cute! And ensured milk for us missionaries always!). Sounds like he's doing okay though, considering.
And my sister said the sweetest thing! I was complaining about how I'm so miserable in group

settings-I'm great until the numbers exceed four or five people, but then I get awkward, and my jokes always go flat. Itrysohard! Anyway, she seemed surprised and said how everyone just RAVED about me and adored me at James and Ally's wedding and how I have a standing invite now to all extended family activities--and these were people that I had never met before that night. I guess it pays to pretend like I had flipped off the bride by scratching my forehead with a certain finger for allegedly staring at me. I guess I can let my hair down a bit as long as my sister is there! Totally

made me feel a lot better though. Totally. Even Joanne, who's my age and married and Jared's little sister, called up Stacey and commented on how fun I was or funny or whatever. Awww... Note to self: insults always work. How to win friends but alienate others.
I had the weirdest dream last night, and it's already fading but I'm going to try my best to remember as much of it as I can--it was SOOO vivid at the time!

I dreamed that I was planning a trip to my friend Jessie's (BFF FOREVER since the 7th grade and still in touch) and I was on

campus, but there was like NO ONE ELSE THERE, and I realized campus had been taken over by like marshall law or some sort of evil terrorist group or something. Anyway, it was broad daylight and I had to try to hide. I first went to a bathroom, and Poncho was in there scrubbing away at the floor with a mop, but it kept getting muddier and dirtier.
Anyway I end up leaving, looking desperately for somewhere to hide, and I even considered the exact same place where Marmot hid four years ago when we were playing sardines on campus and we tried looking for him for about 45 minutes, and nearly just went home because we thought he had done the same. But it was really obvious in bright day light so I hid like under

this ladder type thing, but someone saw me go in there, and followed me--a soldier guy, and he accused me of having a gun or something, and I didn't and demonstrated as much, and he surprisingly

just left me alone.
I then found myself in this small but deep auditorium, and Poncho and Tyler (of Tyler Bell) were both there! I was sooo relieved and expressed as much and then they just both looked at each other and laughed at me for being so naive--they were part of the militant group as well! So they were chasing me around the auditorium, trying to capture me, when I found a way out, which led to this big open

balcony type thing, where there were loads of other people. I was able to hide among them, and then I slipped away to the sea that just HAPPENED to be there, and me and a small handful of other people, that may or may not have included Janay or Amy, hid in small wooden gaps in a boat thing, and we sailed away. I couldn't get a hold of Jessie on my phone for some reason, and then we landed and went into this small gas station type store, looking around. Finally I met up with Jessie and it was great!
I may find out sooner than expected at whether or not I was

accepted into the Illustration program or not. I received an E-mail today saying that those who applied for that program and a handful of others can come pick up our slides. Luckily I had also applied for another program as a back up that wasn't included in that first handful. Blech. It'll probably be another week or two. Can't.. hardly... wait... really. I'm not emotionally prepared to find out this early!
1 comment:
You had a dream about me!!!!! Yay.. that makes my heart glad. It's good to know your subconscience is still wanting to see me :)
Things are good around here - the snow is finally thinking about melting (good thing, too... it's been almost two months!), and I am looking forward to some greenery around here. I really miss the constant green (one might even say ever-green...?) in Seattle. Adam is finishing up his Master's sooner than expected - we may be back to the West as soon as December.
I so enjoy reading about you life Miss Kari - it's so fun, and good to know you're still you!
Miss you!
Jessie
PS I LOVE YOU
Post a Comment