Friday, October 26, 2007

Or how eye lurned 2 stop being a h8ter & luv da bomb

Right. So someone had the CHEEK to report me to Roman Gardens for breaking the honor code. What was the crime? A couple of nights ago I let Shawn come into my room for two minutes to kneel and say prayer together, with the door open, because a billion people were in the front room watching a movie. And I'm pretty sure they continued to do so past curfew (I'm not entirely sure because I went to bed at 10:30 and put in earplugs to block out at least some of the noise. A common occurrence these days). So I got a note last night posted to my door (I thought it was going to be a sweet note from my visiting teacher or something. Nope), from the office saying that I had been reported for breaking the honor code, and if it happens again, "they may be forced to start the eviction process." Yeah. I don't think it was either of my 20 yr old roommates. They both have allowed guys to go into their rooms to talk or look at their computer for a few minutes. If it was my room-roommate, she probably did it as just a passing comment without even thinking about it. Just some exaggerated side gossip for entertainment purposes as part of a larger conversation about something else. To a peer working at the front desk. She's not exactly the brightest crayon in the box.

And if I had been reported, I'd appreciate them going to me as well about it, to see if it was even a substantiated claim. That's hardly fair to have an anonymous complaint about someone and not go to them to see if it's even true. I HAVE MY RIGHTS!!!

I think most likely it was one of the stupid guys over that night. Gosh, if you have a problem with me like that, I'd appreciate if you'd come to me FIRST before making ridiculous assumptions. They probably felt so good about themselves for doing the "right" thing. Self-righteous #*$#*$@#$. I have no patience for people like that. The cheek THE CHEEK.

And this on the night my period starts and my cramps wreak havoc on my body. I was so upset I barely slept last night. And I may have squirted a few angry tears. WHERE DO PEOPLE GET OFF? I just want to be married already and not have to deal with idiots half my age any more.

For the record, Shawn has been in my room for any real length of time three times:
1. helping me move in
2. helping me with my laundry
3. praying together

Wow. We're just destined for hell aren't we? I hope whoever reported us, when they get engaged, they get evicted without prior warning or notice. You try to find two minutes of privacy to talk with God together. I know, I'm such a good person. They should erect a statue.

The least they could do is tell me who reported me along with their address so I can express my appreciation.





















Next time I'm going to ask everyone in the front room to kindly turn off the movie or to be quiet for whatever length of time so Shawn and I can pray and say goodnight.

4 comments:

Scratch Subtle said...

I, personally, am SHOCKED that you bishop hasn't called you yet.

Flannery said...

Yanaj has a real point. There should be a disciplinary council by now. SINNEEEEEEEERS!

Flannery said...

ps We look *AMAZING* in that photo. Only I look hung over and slightly confused. I don't even need alcohol to get that sexy look, man! I got mad street skeells!

Jessica said...

oh hey, remember your rule about using each swear word only once in your life? now would be an ideal time. I mean not that I'm encouraging you in wrong doing...