Two months and nineteen days. WAH! So... I think we're doing engagement pictures this weekend. Which will be fun. Although I'm now regretting my addiction to the facebook group "Awkward Engagement Pictures Rocks My Socks." They've made me INCREDIBLY self-conscious about how my own engagement photos are going to look. Because let's face it, no matter what you do, it will always teeter on the edge of being too much (WOW--REALLY didn't want to see that! Kissing is NOT okay for a photo), too weird (how many arms do they have? Is she choking him? Their hands are WHERE?!), or just awkward, period (it looks so staged or ridiculous, or they look like strangers that just met.). If you have no idea what I'm talking about, WHEW, because I hope you won't judge the final outcome as harshly as I will, or those that have seen the group. As if I weren't already self-conscious enough. Do you want examples? I'll GIVE you examples:








Do you guys UNDERSTAND now why I'm so flipping freaked out now? Yeah. At least my Uncle Mykal is taking the pictures, and hopefully my aunt Terri will be there to help, and between how self-conscious Shawn and I are, that will prevent the icky pictures (I mean that
sexually), although it may heighten the overall awkwardness. But Mykal and Terri are way cool, and really good at making people relax around them, so I think that'll help. OH MY LIFE!
Something I AM looking forward to--we're doing the tasting thing at the luncheon place tomorrow. But it's during the Office and My Name is Earl. ARGH! Why aren't people making more of an effort to work around my Thursday night lineup? I'M SO CONFUSED!
KIDDING! And if I wasn't supposed to post these pictures, Shawn made me do it. Click on them to get a better look. I dare you. Although you may regret it. *shudder*
2 comments:
Never fear. Tivo is here.
Great examples of some really awkward pictures. I hope none of those we pictures of you friends. I was worried as I scrolled down that I would see one of TJ and me! Whew!
Post a Comment