I've got a new roommate. Her name is Cherish. She's from Grand Junction, Colorado. I'm surprised by how much I LOVED Colorado when I went there over the summer for a wedding, although everyone kept trying to get me to couple up or at least get some with Jared's friend who was a less-active alcoholic... and Jared made me contribute to the lewd and perverse and extremely inappropriate decorating of the newlyweds car, but those are stories for another day. Cherish is more talkative than Rachel (I don't mean anything by it Rachel, so don't GET OFFENDED), by a LOT. And the "baby" in her family is my age, 23, and she mentioned something about considering going to the family ward--something along those lines--so my guess is she's in her late 20's and early 30's. And all she talked about was her mission and things that happened four years ago (I kept asking, oh wait, you mean THIS past general conference? And she's like, no, 2003. Um... I thought I was the only one living in the past...). I barely remember ANYTHING from my mission, and it was amazing that's she's been home for as long as she has been and was able to recall with apparent extreme accuracy all this stuff that happened to her (and that it was mostly what she had talked about, even though she's been home for so long. I mean I've been home for a year, and she told more mission stories in the span of 2-3 hours than I've told in the past 2-3 months). Mostly about all these elders that were deeply in love with her. And when she got home how most of her friends are guys and all these girls were and are jealous of her for being friends with such righteous babes, and she would be confused because they're just FRIENDS... She's getting her Masters in English. Graduated with a degree in English and Theater I think. She's hilarious, and it's obvious she's was a theater major by the way she tells her stories. I just couldn't help by try to analyze her... Was she trying to explain why she's in her late 20's/early 30's and still single or compensate for any suspicions by telling me all these stories? Still don't feel like I have my finger quite on it. Stay tuned for further news on that front. All in all though she seems like she'll be a lot of fun. And at least English is her first language...
I've started organizing my fabrics! Can't wait for new clothes. My old roommate moved her junk out of the bathroom and front room, so at least those are clean now. Except for my fabrics in the
front room. And the bathroom can use a wipe down as well. But one thing at a time.Shawn might be going to Wyoming. He's in Idaho right now, instead of Vernal, and if things don't work out he might be headed east to Wyoming. Which I don't like, because it means he'll be getting back LATER on Friday. Gwarsh. What about MY NEEDS!
Have a great Tuesday. I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying Catch-22. I'm about 200 pages into it, and have already started applying the said circular paradoxical reasoning to my everyday life. Which I'm not entirely sure is a good thing, but I just can't help it.

No comments:
Post a Comment