So I finished Catch-22 (which took A MONTH), The Catcher in the Rye (three days) and the Message (two days) all in the past week. And about 75 pages into Everything is Illuminated. I like to read. I can't believe it's already Wednesday. What an improvement on the week it makes when Monday is a holiday! Although it hits the paycheck a bit harder than preferred. Anyway, literarily (is that a word?) I thought Catcher in the Rye was the most well-written, Catch-22 was the most thought-provoking and the Message was one of the worst-written books I've ever read but also one of the most inspirational. I recommend all three, but with reservations.
My mom tried on some clothes at Cabellas. Which is an AMAZING store. Although I could do without the plethora of dead stuffed animals everywhere. And when I say everywhere I MEAN EVERYWHERE. Anyway, it wasn't until we were out to the car that my aunt pointed out the fact that my mom had put her pants on backwards. She whispered it to me and I burst out laughing. I couldn't help myself! Oh Wendy! Bless.
Gabe, Shawn and I went bowling on Saturday. Shawn wasted us the first game. Gabe wasted us the second. Both were with bumpers. *Blush* it was both embarrassing and hilarious and painful--the second time Gabe went up to bowl (or perhaps the third) he threw too hard, and it went down the lane next to ours... right in the middle of a guy's turn. Yeah. That's the second time that's happened when I've been around (the first was before my mission). Oh Gabe. Shawn just winced and covered his face, it being too painful to witness any further.
My grandma says he's (Shawn) just darling. Those words. And my cousin's middle kid, Briar, remembered Shawn (he's the one with blonde hair! Briar said to prove it) and not me (Josh said, "Oh Briar, you remember Kari! She's really nice!" Aw. Thanks Josh. At least *sob* SOMEONE appreciates!).
We went geocashing! First time I've ever gone. I'll have to bring my camera tomorrow to work, although I lost the connections temporarily to the computer since I cleaned my room last night. The bathroom is spotless, too! Yay. Anyway, cute pictures. I found the first treasure, the others beat us to the second one and found it before we even arrived so I didn't bother getting out of the car, and the third they beat us again, but they hid it for us so we found it about ten minutes after them. Geocashing is very addicting. And a cute family activity. Unless you do it with the freakishly unapologetic inappropriately competitive Walkers. COME ON BRANDON! Give me a break! Then it elicits eye-rollage.
Shawn, Gabe and I also saw Spiderman. Poor Shawn paid for it. I'd hardly say we got our money's worth. It was AWFUL!! Really? Peter Parker goes emo (complete with black eyeliner, and I swear they dyed his hair) and starts dancing (ALSO while he's just walking!) and playing the piano? And Topher is REALLY that unconcerned by the fact that his girlfriend is barely hanging on for dear life hundreds of feet above ground? And Peter REALLY says to James, "You came...!" And James REALLY keeps calling him, "Buddy"? REALLY? It just kept getting worse and worse and increasingly more ridiculous. Too much. And they have Kirsten Dunst sing like TWICE?! REALLY?! I used to think Tobey Macguire was a remarkably good actor, but either the dialogue, the direction was bad, or Tobey has taken a turn for the worse. Oh you guys! COME ON! And the venom black grease stuff just HAPPENS to crash just yards away from where Spidey and Kirsten are making out? REALLY?! Wow. Wow. That's all. Three and a half more hours of work with nothing really to do. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, creepy! I totally used the word "literarily" the other day. I thought the same thing, and discovered, yes, it is indeed a word. Kari, we're so connected, darling! :)
P.S. I also totally agree with you on Spiderman.
Post a Comment