Wow. I just spent three hours making copies and collating and sticking them into folders for graduate students planning on going on internship. Good times. I collated all the cute colored ones for the right side, while my blessed coworker Monica is doing all the plain white ones for the left side. My back my back. They'd better appreciate and recognize. Or there will be offensive threatening notes in the next batch.
Anyway, today I'm celebrating the word joy. The title of my blog comes from a book of C.S. Lewis. His wife's name was Joy. Isn't that sweet? And I'm pretty sure the title also comes from a poem (play? too lazy to look it up).
Upon learning that my art teacher had served his mission in Cambodia, I just HAD to ask him a language question. When I was in elementary school, my sister taught me that the word 'joy' meant the F-word in Cambodian. Embarrassingly enough, that unverified fact stayed with me all these years. And I just HAD to know if that was true.
It was.
A professor came in, HILARIOUS woman, while we secretaries were organizing a tubful of toys for an autism test, and began playing with a dump truck sitting on the front desk. She then began to relate to us how her son, when he was in kindergarten, couldn't say his "tr's" so he would call them a "dumb f*ck" instead. Yeah. She said it. Twice.
I love my job.
I never thought I'd be in a professional, academic, largely Mormon environment where I would be constantly exposed to profanity. I even read an assignment sent in today for independent study that said hell. Incorrectly (as in for a swear word, not the location.). It's great. The joys of being a secretary!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment