Friday, February 02, 2007

Um, yeah--I'm TOTALLY the favourite!!!


Is it REALLY weird that I'm super excited to get new batteries for my ancient TI-82? I didn't realize all it needed was four triple A batteries, and now I can't wait! I haven't used that baby since high school! And even then it was considered obsolete by my fellow TI-83+ students. The real snobs used the TI-85's. Who did they think they were? Ridiculous. The rest of us laughed at them behind their intellectually foward but socially backwards' backs.

So, through a short series of e-mails, my Dad informed me that he was going to send me some money, but that it 'wouldn't be much.' And it would just be between him and me--a gift for his starving student of a daughter. I was EXPECTING about twenty bucks, and deep down secretly crossing my fingers for $50-100 dollars. Do you like how I used both the word and sign for dollar? Me, too. I got home late last night, and found that the little Fedex envelope was still at the doorstep. Thank goodness no one took it! I had assumed Jessica would've found it and stuck it on the table. Anyway, I open it... and it was A MONTH'S WORTH OF RENT!!! 300 dollars! I couldn't believe it! I had been freaking out lately over how I was going to pay for tithing and rent (well not TITHING :) )and milk and bills and everything, and my Daddy was an inadvertent answer to a concerned frazzled oft-repeated prayer. I nearly started crying! Thanks Daddy! I love you, and not just because even though I haven't lived at home for nearly five years you still see fit to try to help financially support me! It'll save me twenty bucks on a late fee for rent, too! :)
There was something else I wanted to write about... I hate Biology, but that wasn't it. I hate things I don't understand. So I like very nearly everything! Just kidding. Science makes a whooshing sound as it goes over my head.

WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!

I just remembered what it was--my favourite companion Sian Watts is getting married HERE (well in LOGAN) in MARCH instead of MAY IN ENGLAND. WHICH MEANS I GET TO GO!!! WHICH MEANS THAT SHE ALSO REQUESTED I BE HER.... bridesmaid. In pale yellow. I own one pale yellow (one YELLOW) ANYTHING, and I don't think it'll be temple appropriate. It's a small Beatles Magical Mystery Tour T-shirt I got at Walmart over the summer. Yeeeesh. She's sending me a swatch and sounds like she or I will be making my own dress for it. Good times. I haven't sewn since the summer (on my machine anyway) minus my purse I made, so that'll be really fun--I'm looking forward to that. And I can't believe she's getting married! I'm so excited, I just ADORE this girl. She totally deserves all the happiness life and Trevor can give her; and he had BETTER worship her. Or there will be words from an angry former junior companion (which are the worst words to be had). (pictured: how I'd LIKE to look. How I WILL look. O the poofiness of it all.)

As something negative, I screwed up my arm yesterday, lifting my super-ridiculously-heavy backpack. So now my elbow really hurts. Why WHY?!?! I try popping it, which feels good for about five seconds, then grows steadily worse again. Good times.

As something positive, I received a letter as well yesterday from my friend Jessie that I've known since forever. Well, we became friends in junior high. We're both Beatles fanatics, so we sign our letters to each other PS I LOVE YOU after our signature. Cool, huh. Anyway, it was so cute, she mentioned (I took fifth and sixth grade from her mom) how I'm the only student EVER that she would allow to do whatever I wanted while she taught--which was usually knitting, because she'd ask me what she had just taught and I could repeat it back to her. Te, hee. Those were the days.

As something again positive, yesterday Rachel gave me half of her butterfinger, and I just stuck it in my pocket for later. And forgot about it. And after my stats class (which ended twenty minutes early! A YEAH F!) I found it and it made me happy because I was craving chocolate like CRAZY! If I'm not blessed and spoiled I don't know who is. Thanks Rachel!

1 comment:

Flannery said...

Kari, you know I'm responsible for assuaging all your chocolate peanut butter cravings. It even says so in my blessing! : )