Friday, February 09, 2007

It's the white one.

Well it was quite the dramatic day yesterday. I had a midterm to take for stats. Lost count of how many hours I had spent studying for it, but was tokenly rewarded with an 89%, not counting the essay portion, which I think I did okay on. Whew. That's a load off. On the other hand, it never occurred to me that developing slides might take longer than a day. I went up to the photo people in the BYU bookstore and they said they send it out so it could take anywhere from 4 to 7 days! Will my dreams of making it into the illustration program be shattered? Oh, will we ever know? Stay tuned! If it isn't developed in time, at the very least this'll give me an opportunity to do better and more artwork and improve my grades this semester and over the summer, both of which will increase my chances of being accepted next year. I just wish admissions were twice a year. Ggggrrrrrrr.......... I wouldn't be me if I didn't procrastinate my life and therefore screw it up. Either way I have a super busy weekend ahead of me. I'm going to trysohard! Blech. I thought I lost my blue scarf yesterday, but it turned out I left it at work! Yay.


So, here's the dramatic part: A guy from my stake back at home is a graduate student in the clinical psychology department, so I see him around here a lot. Yesterday, when I got einstein bagels for case conference, I was downstairs spreading them out on the table for the students, and he happened to be there. I said hi, and he returned the greeting and asked if I knew a Brother Reagan, and one of his daughters was Cheryl. I said I did, that I was (and am!) best friends with his daughter Lyndy. He said that Brother Reagan died over a week ago, from heart problems or something. I was so stunned that I just went about putting stuff out like nothing had happened. It didn't really hit until I left the room and was halfway up the stairs and that's when I could feel the tears coming. Let me give you some more background. Our families moved into the Bothell 3rd ward around the same time--Lyndy and I have been friends since we were two. My mom has known her mom since college, and our dads are home teaching companions. I head straight for my phone, go to the bathroom, and barely holding it together I call my mom. Fortunately she answers, super-excited to hear from me (how could you not be?), and I asked her. At first she was just really confused and couldn't understand me, and I'm like "PHIL PHIL REAGAN. LYNDY'S DAD. DID HE DIE LAST WEEK?!?!" And she's like "um... Dad just talked to him on Sunday, so unless it's been in the last day or two, he's fine!" I was so relieved that that's when I completely lost it (thank goodness I was in the bathroom!) and I'm like "um... mom, next time he dies will you actually let me know?" and she said yeah, and then I said I had to get off the phone to compose myself. Holy heck. And then fortunately Lyndy was online, so I asked her the most awkward question since I don't know what, and she's like "um... not that I know of!" Apparently Brother Egan died. He's from the stake back at home, too, and has a son here at BYU around my age. I feel really badly for him, but am admittedly relieved that it wasn't Lyndy's dad. Didn't get a chance to set Spencer straight though, because I didn't see him after the Conference. Good times. My makeup all melted off by 11 o'clock. Good times. Usually the majority of it is gone by the late afternoon. At least with that I got an early start! No procrastinating for me. (in the first picture, Lyndy is on the right)



Sian, my perfect former companion getting married, sent me the information about the bridesmaid dresses. The pattern she picked out is actually pretty cute! I just can't find the particular yellow fabric she wanted online, but we'll see what I can get at JoAnn's or Hancocks. I like the dress on the right. But could you really picture me in that, and it being yellow? We'll see. At least she's thoughtful in the design department.

I think that's about it! Sorry if I was super cranky and stressed out last night, Rachel. Sometimes things get to me. Even with a great McDonalds meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez, Kari! Your post scared me!! I thought, oh my gosh, he died?? Whew, I'm glad I kept reading. I am better now.