Monday, February 05, 2007

No ifs, ands or butts

So I sometimes get into these ridiculously inappropriate moods where my only desire in life is to make people irritated and uncomfortable and confused. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does, just humor me and let me get it out of my system, and then I'm fine for another few months. We had a canadian family reunion over break, and just to be *cough* cheeky, I suddenly had the great urge to photograph my immediate familys'... butts. I KNOW! I'M WEIRD! I'M SORRY! Anyway, ten points for anyone who could guess which butts were which. As a clue, my twin brother and older brother's butts are not pictured. I'm not THAT weird. *blush*

A favorite elder from my mission may be visiting this weekend! He's from Denmark. Just found out today. I guess you could say he was my best friend on the mish--of the elders anyway, even though a few others came pretty close. He was my zone leader for two areas in a row--we transferred together!--so we served really close together for 7.5 months. And went through a lot. *Shudder* don't care to think about some of the crap that I had to deal with at the time, but he was a good friend, listener, and example. And he could juggle and iceskate like no other, which is a must have for any zone leader, I think. Good times. Anyway, if he does come, it'll be for ten days. And with his ex-girlfriend. Giving it another go, sounds like. It's been nearly a year since I last saw him! Weeeeeird. Feels like yesterday. I wish them all the happiness! :)

Rachel said the sweetest thing to me yesterday! Nearly lost it. We were sitting in Stake Conference, and the speaker was talking about being sensitive to other people and their needs and just who they are or something like that, and suddenly, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, like a flash, a vision, out of the blue, she turns to me and says something like, "that's exactly what you are, Kari!" I was completely taken aback. I think I'm pretty self-centered and clueless, but whatever helps you sleep at night, Rachel! You just make it easy to be thoughtful. But thanks. I appreciate it.


My sister is quite possibly the funniest person I know. I talked to her on the phone yesterday for a bit about things, and fortunately her husband Jared is coming home in a couple of weeks (I don't know how she manages with him gone for so long! I get irritable and antsy if I haven't seen Shawn for more than a day or two), anyway, she was complaining that one of the worst things about him being gone is that her dog is always staring at her! She said that she even took Maggie for a really long run, but that didn't stop her! Even while we were on the phone, Stacey, full of disgust, just reprimanded her by saying, "MAGGIE! NO LOOKING!!!!! GOSH!" I literally doubled over and slapped the floor I was laughing so hard. I love her because she has no qualms about stating how much she hates people, and doesn't like being around them, even when she's in a good mood! If that's not perfection, I don't know what is. Anyway, I love that dog. She's so high maintenance, but in a really cute way.

No comments: