So the ending of the aforementioned book was a bit disappointing and cheesy. Sigh. Until then it was inconsistent but a page-turner.
Saw 1408. Which had a great ending, and kept you going until the end. The window scene where he seeks help from someone from a neighboring building is one of the creepiest scenes I've ever seen. Icky Yucky Poopy, as Shawn would say. And it has John Cusack in it. Isn't that reason enough?
Slept in until nearly 10:30 today (saw 1408 at the ten o'clock showing, and read the Dean Koontz book until I couldn't keep my eyes open after the movie. So got to bed around 2) which was irresponsible and yet so worth it. Got to work (had to be there at 11 today) only five minutes late. Yes I took a shower. No, didn't really style my hair. Buns are a lazy girl's best friend.
Take this Rachel--this is a quote by Christian Bale:
"I think there's a kind of pretentiousness to the idea that serious work is only found in low-budget independent movies-I can't stand that snobbery."
Hmmm... how interesting!
When I saw the preview for 3:10 to Yuma, I recognized of course Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, both great actors, and then I saw another guy that I knew I recognized but couldn't place him. Ben Foster. Of Fast Forward fame. CRAP. He looks amazing in it! Don't worry, Shawn, you're hotter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What else can be expected from the star of "Newsies" and "Batman Begins"? I should hope he's intelligent enough not to bite the hand that feeds him.
“Films have degenerated to their original operation as carnival amusement - they offer not drama but thrills.” - David Mamet
So take that, woman!!
Oh Rachel, I don't really see how our two quotes contradict one another. I'd be the first to admit that the level of crap has risen dramatically. Especially this summer. But there are also a great number of decent big-budget movies coming out as well. So get over yourself.
My quote ties in perfectly considering David Mamet is the king of indie film and has no reason to plaster on a fake smile and pat studio executives on the head, figuratively speaking.
Want a quote that has no bearing? BEArING? Here you go:
“Our main demographic is 12 (years old) to 30 (years old), but I've had women in their 50s come to my signing wearing pieces from the collection.”
-Nicky Hilton-
Hmm, how interesting.
Post a Comment