Friday, April 06, 2007

Getting so exciting!

So is it wrong that it totally made my day that when I got ready this morning and was listening to the radio I caught the last minute of "Afternoon Delight" on the Oldies station? It was kind of nice to finally hear more of the lyrics that even in Arrested Development were found to be so suggestive and inappropriate. Te, hee. And YES they were!

I had the strangest dream last night. First of all, myself and maybe (?) Shawn (someone else was there, but I can't remember) were in an art museum, and we ran into Angelina Jolie. She was so small! Not as short as me but smaller than expected. Anyway, she starts to pitch something like Mary Kay to us! We agreed to let her come over later, which she did. And it turned out that she and Brad Pitt had broken up like a year ago, and she was now with Gary Sinise. Yeah, I know. WEIRD. So she comes over to my house like the next day or something, with all this makeup and stuff, and she tells us all about it, but doesn't try to sell it to us!!!! Yeah, I'm confused, too. Anyway, it switches over to where I'm now at church, about 15 minutes before sacrament is to begin, and my mom comes over to me with a flute, asking if I wanted it, saying that she wanted to run it by me first, because Stacey always gets EVERYTHING (which is true!!! But it's funny because I think THINK Stacey owns that flute in real life, back from elementary school). I'm like "MOM! I can't play it! I've tried to play the flute!" I demonstrated and sure enough, nothing really came out. But there was a hole at the tip of the flute, and I blew into that, and music came out! And I played it almost like a clarinet. I know. Weird. But what was even weirder was that I started to improvise on it, and this great song came out! And my mom beckoned for these guys to come over (which included Tyler, of Tyler Bell, and Elder Thomas, now McKay, who was both a District Leader and Zone Leader to me on my mission. But not at the same time, and probably Shawn. He's always in my dream somewhere, and a couple of other guys whom I can't recall) and I tried to start playing again, and it was rough at first, but then I started to play Kari's Waltz, the little instrumental that Shawn once wrote for me to cheer me up, and they started singing along to it! And somehow they all knew the words, even though they were making it up as they went along!

Needless to say the song is now firmly stuck in my head.

3 comments:

Flannery said...

Wow, Kari, wow!! The sad part, is I can actually picture Angelina Jolie selling something like Mary Kay in about 20 years. Not door to door but on an infomercial like Cher. I can just see her nodding and smiling on a fluffy, pink couch: "You know, Mary Kay, my skin has never felt firmer since I began using the limited edition night treatment." And, no she would never date Gary Sinise because she'd never appreciate him. He's mine!!

Toots said...

You forgot the best part. She would keep saying the word "AMAZING" in every sentence as well!

Flannery said...

"ISN'T THAT EXCITING, LORI DAVIS? A HAIRSPRAY WITH NO ALCHOHOL!"
"HAIRSPRAY WITH ALCOHOL FEELS CRISPY, CRACKLY AND POTATO CHIPPY."
"MY HAIRSPRAY HAS NO ALOHOL, AND THAT'S EXCITING!!!"
"BUT DOES IT HAVE ALCOHOL??"
"NO, IT DOESN'T!! AND THAT'S THE EXCITING PART!!!"