So I was in bed asleep by like 9:30 last night. My body, to express its eternal gratitude and appreciation subsequently thanked me in the morning by greeting me with a sore throat. And now three hours later, my nose is ever so slightly starting to run. Ihatemylife.
Beyond that life is good. Since Josh and I aren't really talking any more, I still have his sore throat spray that I borrowed like two months ago from the LAST time I was sick, so I was able to use that this morning. So I guess the moral of the story is sometimes undependable self-centered thoughtless friends DO come in handy.

I keep having weird dreams. Last night I dreamed that I was in the forest, and there were all these little tiny creatures (SOOO cute!) where their body was a leaf, and their head was a raindrop, with little features on it and everything, but then one rainy night their biggest foe appeared. It was SO freaky! In this meadow the ground started to swirl as if it were made of water--proper building up of waves of grass and dirt and everything--very cool but freaky. The thing itself was like a giant version of them, and it would attack by picking up the little guys and extracting the water from their heads, so all that was left was their leaf body. It was so sad, because the main little guy that was showing us around and helping us was one of the first to be, I don't know, eaten? Stupid me set my alarm earlier this morning than I really needed to, so I woke up before the whole thing was resolved. I remember at one point during the dream I was hiding under a piano bench.
Beyond that life is good. Since Josh and I aren't really talking any more, I still have his sore throat spray that I borrowed like two months ago from the LAST time I was sick, so I was able to use that this morning. So I guess the moral of the story is sometimes undependable self-centered thoughtless friends DO come in handy.

I keep having weird dreams. Last night I dreamed that I was in the forest, and there were all these little tiny creatures (SOOO cute!) where their body was a leaf, and their head was a raindrop, with little features on it and everything, but then one rainy night their biggest foe appeared. It was SO freaky! In this meadow the ground started to swirl as if it were made of water--proper building up of waves of grass and dirt and everything--very cool but freaky. The thing itself was like a giant version of them, and it would attack by picking up the little guys and extracting the water from their heads, so all that was left was their leaf body. It was so sad, because the main little guy that was showing us around and helping us was one of the first to be, I don't know, eaten? Stupid me set my alarm earlier this morning than I really needed to, so I woke up before the whole thing was resolved. I remember at one point during the dream I was hiding under a piano bench.
New Year Resolutions are going surprisingly well so far! Hopefully this illness doesn't completely suck all my will to live, which being sick usually does. Sigh.

1 comment:
My new years resolution? To start making intricately detailed versions of the strange characters in my dreams by using technologically advanced programs like Paint.
Post a Comment