I think people get appetizers from a carnal greed that rests in the subconscious of all humans.
I'm confused, too. I probably shouldn't have copied it, but it was from an independent study I had to grade for my psychology teacher of a boss. Some dude wrote that as to why people get appetizers while they wait for their main meal.
I know.
I'm supposed to be working on a biology paper right now. Sick sick sick.
Okay so super weird super vivid dream I had last night. I was in this huge high school, like in the middle of the night--it was pretty dark inside, with mostly a few lights and lamps from outside keeping it lit. All of a sudden, one of these freaky monsters (that look like the ones that attack Hellboy near the beginning of the movie in the subways) starts attacking this woman, who must've been around 60. I think she was one of the janitors or something. She struggles with it, and staggers towards the steps, and if I recall correctly, just falls--not down the stairs, but between them (kind of like those circular stairs you see in hotels and stuff).
Anyway, so I'm freaking out. Apparently there was some sort of plague of them suddenly, and the area, and possibly world had to get prepared to fend them off. I run home, and about six other people--Shawn, Rachel, Amy, this 50-something yr old investigator guy of the Elders from the Newcastle ward named Albert, and possibly Heather and/or Janay. The others are a bit fuzzy. Anyway we're at home now--the group of us with just my mom, and we're trying to board up the house so these freaky creatures can't get in. All of a sudden outside we just see this HUGE parade of kids--like between the ages of 3-10, marching, with picket signs, and dressed up in Halloween costumes (what can this all MEAN?!). Their message was basically that we were all overreacting and that there WAS no threat. We went to Walmart, considering hiding out in there among the stalls, but the monsters were there, too, and it seemed a bit too exposed and easy. We went back home (actually I think the Walmart incident was before the protest march) and even though we thought we had locked everything up, we turned and there were all these little kids--the same ones! They were mad at us, and we realized that they were crawling down through the chimney. We had to scoot them outside, and close the fireplace door thing so they couldn't get in any more. And then we had to figure out where the safest place was to hide. In reality, we do have a sort of dirt room in my old house--just an unfinished room at the bottom of the house that has a dirt floor, hence the name. We went down there, which was a lot bigger then it is in real life. And there was this sort of makeshirt house/trailer looking thing. We go inside it to hide, and there's this huge cow inside. (WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?!?!) And all this crap and weird white thick foamy liquid on the ground. We clean it and push it all outside and sit there inside arguing and talking about whether or not we really were in danger. Oooh I think Annalisa might have been there too. Hmm.... anyway, I think I go back upstairs to talk to my mom for a minute, and I come back down and they had put down the frame, and folded it up, and now were inside this tent-like thing. They said it was more comfortable that way and they were still safe. I think we just stayed there for a long time and then woke up.
ANOTHER DREAM I had, which was from last night, told in prose:
Kari says:
I had the WORST dream last night. IT was so bad that I woke up from it, which I NEVER do [at 3:30ish]
Janay says:
what was it??
Kari says:
I dreamed that we had this small family reunion, but there were members from both sides of the family (which doesn't happen)
Kari says:
And I brought Shawn
Kari says:
and for some reason we brought Nicole as well
Janay says:
haha
Kari says:
and people kept going up to me and telling me how BEAUTIFUL she was [gee thanks]
Kari says:
and we all ate dinner together
Kari says:
and afterwards she got up, said she was feeling sick, and went to the bathroom and just started throwing up
Kari says:
Shawn explained by saying that she hadn't had a full meal in months, so her stomach wasn't used to it
Kari says:
she was resting for awhile, and Shawn was watching TV, so I went over and sat on his lap.
Kari says:
Then Nicole came out, and I saw her and started to get up so as to avoid an awkward scene, but Shawn threw me off even faster, so it seemed like he was trying to hide the fact that we had a relationship
Janay says:
Kari!
Janay says:
That's so sad!
Kari says:
it gets worse
Kari says:
anyway a little bit later
Kari says:
I was sitting down watching TV
Kari says:
and then he like totally starts wrestling with her! I think to cheer her up for feeling so sick. And he picks her up and throws her on the couch
Kari says:
and joins her on it and just goofs around with her --TOTALLY flirting and laughing and all over each other
Kari says:
and I'm sitting RIGHT THERE
Kari says:
so I get so frustrated that I get up, place the channel changer where their heads are on the couch, and go downstairs and curl up on the couch and I totally just LOSE IT
Kari says:
and I'm bawling, and then I hear something behind me
Kari says:
and it's some lady that's family but I have no idea who she is and I just say "OH CRAP" and she's like "um... is everything okay?" and I said "oh I'm fine, just PMSing" and she's like "Yeah I know how that goes." and she leaves me alone. And then I wake up.
Janay says:
sick!
Kari says:
it hurt sooooooooooooooooooo much!
Janay says:
well I hope you're going to be mad at Shawn all day for what he did during your dream!
Kari says:
I'm certainly feeling a bit distant!
The only thing I remember from the dream I had after that one was it looked like I had some sort of huge sliver in the side of my right thumb. I cut off the top layer of skin (not to bleed, just a surface cut), and started to pull it out. about an inch of this blackish plastic stick came out. I thought that was it but then I looked closer and realized there was more there. I kind of run my finger up against my thumb to try to squeeze it out and finally there was enough that I could get a grip on it, and I pulled it out and it was a navy blue crayola crayon, without the wrapper! WHAT CAN THIS POSSIBLY MEAN?!?!
I really hope I start surfing the crimson wave soon, or I'm going to have to face the possibility that I'm manic depressive.
I'm confused, too. I probably shouldn't have copied it, but it was from an independent study I had to grade for my psychology teacher of a boss. Some dude wrote that as to why people get appetizers while they wait for their main meal.
I know.
I'm supposed to be working on a biology paper right now. Sick sick sick.
Okay so super weird super vivid dream I had last night. I was in this huge high school, like in the middle of the night--it was pretty dark inside, with mostly a few lights and lamps from outside keeping it lit. All of a sudden, one of these freaky monsters (that look like the ones that attack Hellboy near the beginning of the movie in the subways) starts attacking this woman, who must've been around 60. I think she was one of the janitors or something. She struggles with it, and staggers towards the steps, and if I recall correctly, just falls--not down the stairs, but between them (kind of like those circular stairs you see in hotels and stuff).

Anyway, so I'm freaking out. Apparently there was some sort of plague of them suddenly, and the area, and possibly world had to get prepared to fend them off. I run home, and about six other people--Shawn, Rachel, Amy, this 50-something yr old investigator guy of the Elders from the Newcastle ward named Albert, and possibly Heather and/or Janay. The others are a bit fuzzy. Anyway we're at home now--the group of us with just my mom, and we're trying to board up the house so these freaky creatures can't get in. All of a sudden outside we just see this HUGE parade of kids--like between the ages of 3-10, marching, with picket signs, and dressed up in Halloween costumes (what can this all MEAN?!). Their message was basically that we were all overreacting and that there WAS no threat. We went to Walmart, considering hiding out in there among the stalls, but the monsters were there, too, and it seemed a bit too exposed and easy. We went back home (actually I think the Walmart incident was before the protest march) and even though we thought we had locked everything up, we turned and there were all these little kids--the same ones! They were mad at us, and we realized that they were crawling down through the chimney. We had to scoot them outside, and close the fireplace door thing so they couldn't get in any more. And then we had to figure out where the safest place was to hide. In reality, we do have a sort of dirt room in my old house--just an unfinished room at the bottom of the house that has a dirt floor, hence the name. We went down there, which was a lot bigger then it is in real life. And there was this sort of makeshirt house/trailer looking thing. We go inside it to hide, and there's this huge cow inside. (WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?!?!) And all this crap and weird white thick foamy liquid on the ground. We clean it and push it all outside and sit there inside arguing and talking about whether or not we really were in danger. Oooh I think Annalisa might have been there too. Hmm.... anyway, I think I go back upstairs to talk to my mom for a minute, and I come back down and they had put down the frame, and folded it up, and now were inside this tent-like thing. They said it was more comfortable that way and they were still safe. I think we just stayed there for a long time and then woke up.
ANOTHER DREAM I had, which was from last night, told in prose:
Kari says:
I had the WORST dream last night. IT was so bad that I woke up from it, which I NEVER do [at 3:30ish]
Janay says:
what was it??
Kari says:
I dreamed that we had this small family reunion, but there were members from both sides of the family (which doesn't happen)
Kari says:
And I brought Shawn
Kari says:
and for some reason we brought Nicole as well
Janay says:
haha
Kari says:
and people kept going up to me and telling me how BEAUTIFUL she was [gee thanks]
Kari says:
and we all ate dinner together
Kari says:
and afterwards she got up, said she was feeling sick, and went to the bathroom and just started throwing up
Kari says:
Shawn explained by saying that she hadn't had a full meal in months, so her stomach wasn't used to it
Kari says:
she was resting for awhile, and Shawn was watching TV, so I went over and sat on his lap.
Kari says:
Then Nicole came out, and I saw her and started to get up so as to avoid an awkward scene, but Shawn threw me off even faster, so it seemed like he was trying to hide the fact that we had a relationship
Janay says:
Kari!
Janay says:
That's so sad!
Kari says:
it gets worse
Kari says:
anyway a little bit later
Kari says:
I was sitting down watching TV
Kari says:
and then he like totally starts wrestling with her! I think to cheer her up for feeling so sick. And he picks her up and throws her on the couch
Kari says:
and joins her on it and just goofs around with her --TOTALLY flirting and laughing and all over each other

Kari says:
and I'm sitting RIGHT THERE
Kari says:
so I get so frustrated that I get up, place the channel changer where their heads are on the couch, and go downstairs and curl up on the couch and I totally just LOSE IT
Kari says:
and I'm bawling, and then I hear something behind me
Kari says:
and it's some lady that's family but I have no idea who she is and I just say "OH CRAP" and she's like "um... is everything okay?" and I said "oh I'm fine, just PMSing" and she's like "Yeah I know how that goes." and she leaves me alone. And then I wake up.
Janay says:
sick!
Kari says:
it hurt sooooooooooooooooooo much!
Janay says:
well I hope you're going to be mad at Shawn all day for what he did during your dream!
Kari says:
I'm certainly feeling a bit distant!
The only thing I remember from the dream I had after that one was it looked like I had some sort of huge sliver in the side of my right thumb. I cut off the top layer of skin (not to bleed, just a surface cut), and started to pull it out. about an inch of this blackish plastic stick came out. I thought that was it but then I looked closer and realized there was more there. I kind of run my finger up against my thumb to try to squeeze it out and finally there was enough that I could get a grip on it, and I pulled it out and it was a navy blue crayola crayon, without the wrapper! WHAT CAN THIS POSSIBLY MEAN?!?!
I really hope I start surfing the crimson wave soon, or I'm going to have to face the possibility that I'm manic depressive.

2 comments:
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
I love that we had to go to Wal-Mart despite the apocalyptic creatures terrorizing town. Further proving that there is never a wrong time for Wal-Mart!
Post a Comment