Thursday, January 25, 2007

Short People got no reason to liiiiiiiiiive

You know you've hit rock bottom when after a 2 AM session of puking your guts out, passing out on the heater in the front room until morning (what MUST my roommate think of me?!), finishing a REALLY funny book (one of the highlights of the day) watching dumb movies like MI-III, thankfully having two discerning friends come over to keep you company for a few hours, you hear the Randy Newman song "Short People" on the radio at 10 PM and COMPLETELY LOSE IT because it makes you miss your Dad like NO OTHER because whenever you'd get sick he'd make you the best tomato lipton soup (you just take normal lipton noodle soup and add half a can of tomato juice to it), and the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches to help you feel better.

So guess who hit rock bottom.


I suppose that's what sucks about having the best dad ever in the history of humans. And Dads. Mortal ones, anyway. My Dad introduced me to Randy Newman at a very young age, and I've loved Randy ever since, and no matter what the song, whenever I hear a Randy Newman song I instantly think of him. My Dad, that is.


Anyway, on the bright side this morning I started my period. So although I may have cramps, I can now blame the mood swings on an external locus of control. Good times.

As a side note, I strongly encourage anyone looking to live dangerously (as I actually said I would when I picked these up) to not do so to the extent of buying the guacamole flavoured Pringles, at least from Smiths. BAD IDEA. BOOOO!!! They don't taste nearly as good coming up as they do going down, even though there isn't that much of a difference. And O the way it burns your throat. Mmmmm.....



The funny book I was referring to is "One for The Money" by Janet Evanovich. I think I found a new favorite series to read. A yeah F.

I also started "Angela's Ashes," and after the first 20 pages, I can already tell I'm really going to enjoy it. Especially after the dedication page practically mirrored the stamp I bought at JoAnns a few weeks ago that said "I love you, admire you and respect you." A stamp that horrifying is just asking to be purchased and used for facetiously evil means. ASKING FOR IT. Didn't expect practically the same message to be used for sincere means in a pulitzer-prize winning memoir.

This is cruel irony. I went food shopping (Janay took me and I didn't find out until we were already there that she didn't even need to, and just went because she knew I needed to! If that's not a true BFF Forever, then I don't know what is) a couple of days ago, and only bought chocolate pudding and Reeses Peanut Butter puffs. Both of which the chocolate content is negligible. O cruel cruel fate. And O the poofiness of it all (it's ALL FOR YOU, Rachel!). I did cut my bangs yesterday, in a fit of frustrative rage. Yes, that is a word. I promise. At least Rachel and Heather bought me some Reeses Peanut Butter cups. King size. mmmm.... Uh oh... cramps are making comeback. I'd better finish before I write something REALLY embarrassing and personal.

3 comments:

Scratch Subtle said...

I'm PMS avenger. I only work 4 days a month, you gotta problem with that?

Bone Junior said...

Janay's not kidding. She really does only work 4 days a month... funny yet?

Anonymous said...

When I wrote that the only things I purchased were the pudding and cereal, that was to suggest those were the only things I bought containing chocolate, not the only things I bought, period. Get it?