Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

Oh my goodness I'm so pleased with myself! And not just because I got new mascara so now my eyelashes are discernible again. I had no idea they were there! It's funny how dramatic the difference is when you get new mascara. I hadn't realized how dried out my old stuff was. I was taking a bunch of pictures of myself with my folk's digital camera, and I took the only remotely passable photo and cropped it to the only passable portion, hence the photo. My heart. Anyway, I'm so pleased with myself! I was so shoot... what's the word? It's been so long absent from my vocabulary I've completely forgotten it.... I was PRODUCTIVE! That's it! I woke up at like 8:30 to find a missed phone call from my coworker. Apparently we were due back to work on WEDNESDAY. Pshyeah right. She wasn't feeling well and I hadn't gotten any normal sleep for the past three or four days (Sleepness nights and six hour naps during the day...), plus with having a strict diet of angel hair pasta or rice (and contrary to popular belief, olive oil is NOT a suitable substitute for butter *shudder*) due to a near empty fridge and cabinet, my eating habits were even worse than normal. So I gracefully declined from going to work yesterday, but came today. Anyway, I resigned to my post on the couch to watch movies. Everything was okay at first--stuck in Mona Lisa Smile--huge Maggie Gyllenhaul fan, even if she does play a slut with a heart in that movie, and any movie with Topher Grace is okay by me, and the guy that fell for the cello player--oh didn't he just break your heart when he looked at her with so much hurt in his eyes?! Man alive! Anyway sorry I digress. The problem started when I got the utility bill. I won't say how much it was, but our average summer utility bill was at least a fifth of it. Isn't that SICK! Then I stuck in The Prince and Me (desperate! The only redeemable part in that movie was the makeout scene in the library--if that's not a steamy place to make out then I don't know what is) and got so upset by the end of it that I didn't even finish it (and I ALWAYS finish movies unless sleep prevents it so), I just got up, freaked out and started cleaning. I tidied the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes, the dining room, stuck all the Christmas trash in the garage (our trash is overflowing so it's going to take a couple of weeks to dwindle), cleaned the front room, did my laundry, cleaned my room (which took like four hours because I organised quite a bit as well), crocheted quite a bit, even painted my toenails and shaved my legs (unheard of in Kariland--especially the toenails part), and sewed on fourteen buttons on my jacket that mysteriously had 9 of its 14 buttons break in the course of two weeks. I read my scriptures, beat Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, I threw away SOOO much stuff, too, which for me is always a breath of fresh air. I hate hoarding stuff. Part of that being a sideproduct of my mission where we would visit clinical certifiable packrats where they just had piles and piles of just CRAP EVERYWHERE, and would refuse to throw ANY of it away, no matter how gross or useless or dumb it was, and it really freaked me out. And I hate clutter anyway, so WHEW. I watched the Phantom of the Opera last night while I was sewing on those buttons, too. So... is it just me or is the Phantom like LOADS hotter than Raoue7QL? Especially the kiss between Christine and the Phantom. Perhaps I just like a little danger. I just felt the urge to braid Raoul's hair and put ribbons in it. We won't go into the urge I felt for the Phantom. Even with that disfiguring scar (and perhaps growing up in a church where we believe in the resurrection, so I always have that in mind...) he was still loads dreamier than his competition. *Holy crapping hot dang*--especially after finding out that he was the same actor from Dear Frankie. In closing, I salute the Honeymooners. Alice, you're the greatest.

No comments: