Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In the year 2525...

So I'm 25 now. Spent it not sleeping in because of the baby (that boy's got lungs!), and pretty annoyed with everybody else. I had a hard time getting to sleep the night before because my twin decided to spend the night, too, in the same room on the floor. And played on his little PSP. Click click click click click. And GOSH I couldn't find my regular deodorant so I had to use this back-up stuff and its scent was so strong that it gave me a headache and I couldn't sleep with my arms even remotely up (raised?). And since I normally like to sleep with my hands tucked under my pillow, I was very frustrated. And definitely Unsure. Don't use that Secret Platinum stuff. WOW. But that's just the night before.

I mean it was a pretty good day, I was just in a foul mood for most of it. Some extended family visited, but that just made me more annoyed. Especially when one referred to my little nephew as a "tabernacle." Really? Serious? Normally she just refers to their... um... *cough* as a tabernacle, so this was a new development. I got loads of cash from family and family in law (thanks Shawn's family!), which was also VERY nice and timely since school is starting in a couple of weeks. I also got a few phone calls and text messages and a buttload of posts on my facebook profile. Yay me!

I also didn't take a bath until about 7:00 pm. Which was LUSH. My mom has this jetted bathtub that has a slant on one side so you don't kill your back trying to find a comfortable position. I just read Voyage to Venus (which is actually Perelandra now I guess. By C.S. Lewis. I had found an old copy [before they updated the title] at a used bookstore several years ago) until the water got too cold, and then added some more hot water. And then until Kyle knocked on the door and told me it was time to go. Blech.

I got to talk to Rachel for about a half an hour, which was great. I miss you Rachel!

I only got to talk to Shawn for a few minutes.

I did get to talk to Amber Brueseke (we were best friends since kindergarten, basically), and she's in town! So I get to see her and a couple of other good friends from high school tonight! I haven't seen her since before my mission, I think. Yay fun cool!

The suckiest part of my birthday I guess was the part where he wasn't here for it. And I finally got up the guts to sleep ALONE in the bed, instead of out on the futon, but only because I brought in my laptop and watched old X-Files episodes until I fell asleep (BAD IDEA when there were a lot of kidnapped-from-the-bed-in-the-middle-of-the-night stories in it). So yeah, it took about three or four episodes to get me to go to sleep. The last episode had Krycek! But before he was Krycek. Just a small role. I'm embarrassed that I knew how to spell his name correctly (I may have double checked on IMDB).

Maybe I'll have that great birthday next year. The closest thing to a really good birthday I've had in years was last year when Shawn proposed, although that was actually on the day before. When I was trying really hard not to vomit from food poisoning from the day before THAT. Love and miss you Shawn! I wouldn't be my father's daughter if I didn't make every effort to inadvertently sabotage my own birthday.

Something SICK--this morning I took a shower to get ready for work. There weren't any towels hanging up so I grabbed a slightly used one from the floor just outside the bathroom. I went to wrap it around me when I saw something black. I stopped in time, and spread out the towel to get a closer look. YEAH. There was an enormous black beetle on it, and some other bugs I couldn't readily identify. Luckily, there were fresh towels in the dryer. Even if I had wrapped myself in the towel, at least I wouldn't have died ON my birthday. So there's that.

Ooh, also, Shawn got me the best presents! He got me little tags for the clothes I've made and will make--you know, the little "Made By: {insert name here}." SHUT UP!
Also, he got me the three Threadless shirts I wanted (which I may have accidentally spoiled the surprise because I was looking at our finances and went to his bank account and saw the payment he made to Threadless. Poor Shawn. He even hid the package so I couldn't find it when we got it [I was there when it came in the mail] ). Anyway, here they are:


"Let's Go Parasoling"


"Training" (I think this one is my favorite)

"Refrigerator Running"
Why does it have to hurt?

1 comment:

wendy said...

Poor Poor Toots.