Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I am...the blood thinner BWA HAH AH AH A

Actually quite the opposite. I tested positive for it, so my blood apparently coagulates a little TOO much, so I'm at a 5-13% increase compared to the normal population of having a blood clot. Good times! This means I'm off my b.c. which I have mixed feelings about. Work 8-5 everyday now, except for Thursdays when I get off at noon. Yay for Thursdays! Boooooo for every other day. Kyle and I have started running every other dayish together. We'll see how that goes. I'm knitting a cute navy blue sweater. The link of the pattern can be found HERE (but I had to make some alterations to the pattern--I swear their math is wrong. Or maybe I just undid my sweater several times just for fun.). Anyway, if you want to make it, ask me about it, and I'll tell you what you need to do differently. I'm making it longer (curse my parents for me being long-waisted!), with tighter sleeves. I'm also in the middle of reading Walker Percy's "Love in the Ruins: The adventures of a bad catholic at a time near the end of the world." The writing style/story reminds me vaguely of Kurt Vonnegut, one of my favorite writers. I've read this book before in high school and wanted to read it again to see if I still liked it. I honestly didn't remember there being such an abundance of derogatory terms! Ignoring that (can't tell if Percy is a racist, if it's just an indication of his time period, or if it's to serve a direct purpose in the story. If you know, fill me in!) I'm really enjoying it. Wouldn't mind a spin on the lapsometer, although I'd like to get happy through the normal avenues, not through being read by a machine and given a sodium solution. Unless I get desperate.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

where's the piiiiiiiiiiicture?

Toots said...

I was going to draw one, but seriously, a super hero that squirts out her own blood at people and the blood hypercoagulates on them rendering them disoriented and stuck? Or if I get any limbs cut off, the blood seals it off immediately so I'm incapable of bleeding to death? Doesn't really work or it's just really gross. I decided I didn't want to subject my readers to that.

Amber said...

How ironic that I have low platelets (have a hard time clotting) and you clot too much. What are the odds??

Toots said...

With our powers combined!!!