Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I had a sword?

Soooo... I haven't really been up to much lately. Just working a lot, which takes up the better part of my day, which sucks. I have the most energy in the morning and early afternoon, and by the time work gets over I'm a zombie dragging myself home. Even though I'm a secretary and I spend 5-9 hours a day just staring at my computer screen. It's exhausting contriving different ways each day to look busy! I did sign up for a couple of independent study classes so I had something to work on during work, but GOSH I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT MOST OF THE TIME! Even though I woke up just fine this morning, the idea of coming into work for a full nine hour work day may have been so unappealing that I MAY have called in to be a couple of hours late. When not at work, I usually find myself yet again in the front of the TV, knitting like crazy while watching dumb shows borrowed from Kyle's vast collection of dumb shows. I did start a garden last week! It's really cute, utilizing Mel Bartholomew's square foot gardening technique, although not followed to the T--I started it BEFORE his book came in the mail, so my dirt isn't Mel's mix--it's actually what he recommended NOT doing--using the dirt already there, although I did add a bunch of top soil to it, on my dad's recommendation. We'll see if my little plant guys makes it.
Speaking of dumb Kyle shows, Shawn and I started watching Heroes from Season One. It's
TERRIBLE! The characters are pretty one dimensional/boring/too serious minus a few. The writing is bad, the acting is hammy, and yet I can't stop watching it. Curse the last couple of minutes leading to a cliffhanger! The only characters I REALLY care about is Hiro, his friend, and that diner girl he tried to save--WHY THE CRAP did they get rid of HER?! She was adorable! And wasn't too serious which made her a breath of fresh air! I do like Sylar's character just being he's so innocent and nice looking. You wouldn't think he would cut people's heads open with just the point of his finger. I do like the cheerleader, Claire, more than I thought I would--her relationship with Zack is way cute. Peter Petrelli is way too hammy, along with that girl he's in love with. The artist is growing on me, especially since he's clean now. I like D.L.'s character more and more, but Nikki's is kinda getting old. And I want to smack their kid. He knows better! Anyway, so yeah. That's my life these days. Shawn has been leaving on Monday and returning Friday for the past week or two, so that's dumb. Hopefully he'll be able to return on Thursday this week, and this'll be the last week where he's gone for more than a day. I hope I hope! Anyway, besides that life has just been good/boring. Good times.

No comments: