I saved a dog! A really cute one! And the owner was a skinny blonde tan ungrateful #%%*($@@*. Ten bucks says she was from California. I mean judging by her APPEARANCE, not her BEHAVIOR. Although... Just kidding Shawn! I don't mean or believe EVERYTHING I say about stereotypes. I just think it's funny how you get so upset about it. If I see that dog again, I'm keeping it this time, instead of calling the owner and waiting ten minutes. She parked across the street, beckoned "Boss" to come to her, yelled thanks and left. Wow. If there's anything I really try to be, it's grateful. So when people are so blatantly clueless and ungrateful like that, it really REALLY p*sses me off. Like I literally (LITERALLY!) have to focus on not punching their faces in, it gets me that angry. Pet Peeve. Good times, right?After a year in Nauvoo, Shawn returned. Well, LAST weekend, but I still feel like I have some major catching up to do. We've started watching the Beatles Anthology together. How could the Beatles NOT be everyone's all time favorite band ever in the history of humans? They're amazing and so ordinary all at the same time. You see them in a room together bickering and joking and chatting, and it's like any other room with four 20something yr olds. And then you see them surrounded by fans and can't help but feel sorry for all of them, it must've gotten so tedious after the initial shock wore off. And Shawn's hot. He can play For No One on the guitar. That's only a tiny contributing factor to his overall appeal. Kay, I'll stop.
Some Spanish guy keeps calling my phone. Well, I think it's a Spanish recording/telemarketer. And it's so frustrating, because they always call when Shawn's not around, or any Spanish speaker. At first I thought it was Poncho playing a joke (he does stupid jokes akin to that) but upon listening closer, it's clearly a recording. *Fist Shakeage!*
I finished the Joy Luck Club. For probably the 6th time. It's been a few years, so I only remembered little bits of it. And it didn't disappoint. It's a fantastic book, and I recommend it without ANY reservations. At all.
Trying not to further embarrass Shawn (sorry!), I went to his ward on Sunday because he was teaching for Sunday School. And it was great, I was super impressed. I was also impressed by how friendly his ward was! I sat down quietly at the end of an aisle (Shawn was standing at the front getting things ready to start)... well, I told Rachel about it. Here's our conversation:Kari says :
I sat down (I had to run part of the way to church, I was running late) at the end of an aisle by myself, right before he started conducting Sunday School [oh and I was super gross and sweaty. every two seconds I had to wipe off my forehead, it was sick]
Kari says :
and this girl comes in, introduces herself and tells me she's going to sit next to me [she even has us both scoot over so she can sit next to a friend, but she still talked to me and stuff. Great person!]
Kari says :
SO NICE!
Kari says :
and she's like "are you visiting?"
Rachel says :
Really??
Kari says :
and I said I was
Rachel says :
That's wondeful!!!
Kari says :
and she said with whom?
Rachel says :
awesome, awesome
Kari says :
and I pointed at Shawn
Rachel says :
did you say you were his gf?
Kari says :
and she's like "Yeah he's cute!! OH--Are you his girlfriend?"
Kari says :
and I said I was, and she said she had heard about me and stuff like that.
Kari says :
she was super nice
Kari says :
and then after the lesson Shawn walks over to where I was sitting; and she's like "I met your girlfriend, she's way cute!" right in front of me, and he's like "yeah she is!"
Rachel says :
ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel says :
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kari says :
wasn't that sweet?
Rachel says :
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel says :
that kills with its consideration!
Rachel says :
i hope you made out with him for that
Rachel says :
he's a doll!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel says :
and you are cute, Kari. There is no denying that!
Kari says :
SHUT UP
Her name was Nicki. Nikki. Nicky. Anyway, one of those. And Rachel has a tendency to overreact.
Anyway, during testimony meeting, a girl came up that was the spitting image of one of my old district leaders from the mission, and she introduced herself and said she was from Wyoming and I realized THAT WAS HIS LITTLE SISTER!! I talked to her afterwards to make doubly sure and I was right! He was a great missionary, too, funny in a quirky do impressions of him later behind his back sort of way (NOT maliciously!), so it was fun to meet a family member like that. I also discovered that Shawn's roommate Mitch and I are movie soulmates. As in our tastes in movies are so freakishly close it's scary. And so close that it wouldn't even permit Shawn to take the test to compare his and my tastes to see if we were movie compatible. Bless. I thought it was funny. Anyway, life is good. Even if I AM going to be 24 in less than two weeks. Sick. I'm old. F*** YOUR TEEN ANGST! BECAUSE I'M DYING!Oh yeah. I love the fact that my boss coughs more than my boyfriend, so when I'm dinking around on the computer on a dumb non-work related website, like this one, I can usually hear her coming in time to change to the computer screen to the budget spreadsheet or something.
And the water was yellow in the drinking fountain here! SICK! It looked like urine! And I was devastated (and grossed out) because I was so thirsty! Kay that's all.

3 comments:
I don't overreact, I just get extremely bored. AND I LOVE EMOTION. RAW, UNADULTERATED EMOTION. FYI, "Dreamland" is one of the best movies I have ever seen. It's right up there with "Stepmom" and "From Justin to Kelly". It rang true with my life experience and showcased Justin Long at his best.
Thanks for the coolio update! Sounds like you are having fun ;)
okay, so first of all, did you remember that you already met nicky/nickie/nique once? she was upstairs helping mitch make the ward directory. and second, she said you were sweet, and i said "isn't she?" i refuse to be misquoted. thirdly, it turns out that it just wouldn't let me send you an invite to take the test (i was a little confused), but it did compare my results with you. turns out, we're also soul mates! and so is mitch! three way soul mates! boo yah! k, that's all, bye. ex oh ex oh.
Post a Comment