1. My coworker had her baby. Named her Aria. 6 lbs 13 oz. Just like Kyle. Sometime around now (my mind has gone blank as to the actual date. Sorry Amber!) My BF since I was in kindergarten (well, technically we reached BF status in the second grade, but never mind) had a baby as well. Named her Kate. 6 lbs, 13 oz. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? They both look like their mums. It's really cute. Anyway, with my coworker Krista gone, that means I'm officially screwed. I've already had to ask her who a package was for, and where a stupid ordering sheet was via an E-mail. Something that will probably be a daily occurrence for the next several months, especially since I'm now the official financial secretary, and not just the financial secretary in training. Gross. Although it does give me tingles to have TWO file boxes to my name, and not just one. How very professional and important of me.
2. I've had an incessant ringing in my ears for the past few days. But not just ANY ringing. It sounds just like my cell phone ring, which is not what you would expect. So I constantly (CONSTANTLY!) think someone is trying to call, and am always disappointed to see that no one has. Not only do I not have any friends, but it's rubbed in my face. I think it's about time to change the ring tone. It's like having a bad song stuck in your head, but a billion times worse. ARGH!!! Am I going crazy? Probably. Yes, I am allowed to answer my own rhetorical questions.
3. I watched Care Bears the other day. It's been a long time. Okay, so this is way exciting.
CAROLE KING DID THE THEME SONG AND JOHN SEBASTIAN DID THE REST!!!!! Um, WOW. Talk about my two favorite singer/songwriters since I was like twelve! Okay, for those of you not too acquainted with the golden oldies era, Carole King was known for writing: You Make Me Feel (Like a Natural Woman), You've got a Friend, and Where you Lead (the theme to Gilmore Girls, although decades older than the show); John Sebastian was the basic frontman and brains behind THE LOVIN' SPOONFUL! YEAH! Songs of theirs (or just his), include the theme to Welcome Back Kotter, Do you Believe in Magic, Summer in the City, Did you Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind, and Daydream. Yeah. Words cannot describe how much I love these two. No, not like that Shawn. I don't even know what John Sebastian LOOKS LIKE. My favorites for both are probably Home Again for Carole King, and Darling Be Home Soon or Rain on the Roof for John Sebastian. Yeah, those last two are WAY corny, but I just can't help myself. And the Care Bear songs... well I loved the
theme, and maybe one of the songs in it is kinda cute, but the rest I think I'd have to be somewhere between the ages of 2-10 to enjoy. Growing up, I think I liked the second Care Bears movie more. I had a HUGE ten yr old crush on the red head in it. Dark Heart was his name. I'm just grateful I got my bad-boy phase out of the way so early and painlessly. Anyway, this was back in the day when you couldn't illegally download movies, you had to wait and tape them off of the TV if you didn't want to fork out the bucks to purchase it. I think Whole Wide World and My Brilliant Career were also on the same tape. Isn't my mom cute? Anyway, I loved LOVED the Canadian accents in the cartoon. I didn't recall THAT growing up. I'm SOE-REE! Gets me every time.4. Harry Potter came out. Shawn and I read it together (to the disgust of my sister apparently. She said that was SO BYU. Eat bleach--it was either that or shell out 30 bucks to buy my own copy. And I'm not going to own the 7th book and not the preceding six. So yeah. Anyway, thanks Shawn for letting me do that, it was kind of a pain--neck/back/body-positioning-wise, since it's not the most natural thing in the world to read slightly crooked like that so someone else can read with you. I thought it was really sweet anyway). Didn't care much for the last chapter, but all in all I thought it a truly most excellent book. Where does she come up with this stuff? We attended the Harry Potter party, too at BYU. Yeah, um... nothing short of Shawn's little brother competing to win best costume could convince me to go to something like that. He won first prize as Ron wearing his frilly dress robes (lace sewn to a bathrobe done by Annalisa, and a mullet-wig provided by Brady), which came with the book, the audiobook and a journal or something. Yeah. I think it was all worth over a hundred dollars. WHY DIDN'T I DRESS UP? Oh, that's right. Because I'm NOT TEN. OR ELEVEN. ONE OF THOSE. Although, I must admit, dressing up can be fun.
Anyway, I think that's about it. Just working, reading, arting, and pining for Shawniggins now that he's gone. Gets the job done.

3 comments:
ahhhhh...finally an update! and you yell at me for not blogging! ha!
would you believe that my ob/gyn essentially recommended that i not read harry potter until AFTER i have the baby. she says my emotions are too out of wack. so i have to wait 5 more months!!!!!!!!!!!
uggh.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's all about Care Bears in Wonderland and the song by the Mad Hatter. After all, he's mad about hat!
Dark Heart is amazing! I had such a crush on him, too! Especially when he got demanding and bit Kim's head off. SUCH A BAD BOY!! Actually, he was Jason until the "evil" feeling entered him. Then he became Dark Heart. Thank goodness for the Care Bear stare or he might still be Dark Heart to this day. Something to think about.
Post a Comment