Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Jerk

So Steve Martin apparently JUST got married. Intrigued to see if IMDB had caught on and updated it's profile of him, I looked. And it hadn't. But then I read some of his quotes. And they're HILARIOUS. So here is part of my post devoted to he who is Steve Martin:

"It's very hard being one of the most beautiful people. Having this kind of beauty is actually a burden. Sometimes I go to a party and not one of the other 49 most beautiful people is there. That makes me feel very solitary and alone, because it means I am the most beautiful person in the room. If I'm going to a party where I know there will be 'less-beautiful people,' I try to 'dress down' in order to hide my beauty. But this seems to have a counter-effect of actually making me more beautiful. I guess me and dungarees are a pretty potent combination. I try not to lord my beauty over others. This is very hard. I try not to mention that I am one of the most beautiful people, but somehow it always comes out. I will usually only bring it up when I'm asked to do a task, like open a garage door. People seem to enjoy my beauty and are genuinely happy for me, because after I mention it they always say, 'How nice for you.'" -- From People Magazine, 20 May 2003, in which Martin was listed as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People.

"There's a big difference between the National Book Awards and the Academy Awards. At the Academy Awards you can feel the greed and envy and ego. Whereas the National Book Awards are in New York."

"I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy."

(While hosting The 73rd Annual Academy Awards (2001) (TV)) "And now, I'm pleased to introduce the star of the film 'Gladiator,' and a man I like to call a close, personal friend, but he told me not to..."

"I wrote a novel this year called 'Shop Girl,' and several producers came to me and wanted to turn it into a movie. And I said, "If you think you're going to take this book and change it around, and Hollywoodize it and change the ending... that's going to cost you."

"All I've ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."

How is he not everyone's favorite? Oh that's right. Because he was in a string of crap movies like Bringing Down the House. At least we have movies like the Three Amigos (which he did his own lasso work for! How cool is that?), Parent Hood (my favorite of his), and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Whew!

So this is just me. But I think my Dad resembles a cross between Steve Martin and Kiefer Sutherland. With just a TOUCH of Randy Newman thrown in. Here we go:





So I need to get a better picture of my Dad. The best ones are probably actually the ones where he photoshopped his face onto famous people. There's a great expression on his face where you get where I took the resemblances from. Anyway. Life is good. Shawn's back. Life is REAL good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so why don't you just go for steve martin already? GOSH!