Well. I'm pregnant! About 13 weeks. I had my second appointment yesterday and learned that I've dropped ten pounds in less than a month. They even had to use a smaller band to take my blood pressure with--I didn't know whether I should be flattered or mortified! They put me on anti-nausea medication last time, but it didn't work, but I'm trying it again with another medication. Some days I can't keep anything down, and other days I feel *almost* normal. And whoever called it "morning" sickness is delusional. And I hate them.
We've got pictures from the first ultrasound, and Shawn recorded the baby's heartbeat yesterday, but we'll see if I get around to posting them on my blog. I'm so behind in homework and stuff (hey, YOU try painting with smelly oils! Whenever I catch a whiff of it, a wave of nausea hits hard), it's embarrassing. All I can do most days is lay down on my futon and watch TV from my laptop, and try not to throw up from even THAT exertion. I'm starting to get dizzy/weak spells, too. Haven't fainted yet, though, which is nice. Yeesh. And I average about an hour late every morning to work. Luckily my boss is super understanding about it, and we forward the phone to another secretary until I get in.
Oh, and I also learned that I have a heart murmur. And I guess it runs in the family. My mom claims she told us, but I would've remembered something like that.
I'd share my entertaining vomit stories, but I wouldn't want to gross you guys out. Unless you want me to! Just let me know :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, congrats and I am so sorry! Morning sickness is so so so awful. Good luck lady! What does your doctor say about using unisom? It's for sleep, but my friends think it helps with the nausea. Perhaps better sleep leads to less nausea? I'm not sure...
Gross us out!! It's your right to being pregnant!!
Congratulations! I know it feels like the nastiness will never end, but once it is you tend to forget how bad it was.
Keep us informed!!
Yay! That's so exciting! I hope the nausea subsides, it's horrible. I think it's probably the worst part of being pregnant; even worse than labor. Good luck! I can't wait for you to be a mommy!
Law and Order SVU! I'm halfway through season 3 now. What's wrong with me? And on the other hand, how in the world are there so many episodes I haven't seen yet?
Post a Comment