Friday, April 11, 2008

Totally Harshing the Office Mellow, or: Not For the Faint of Heart

So.... I didn't make it into the program. But even though the visual arts department apparently doesn't love me, I was amazed by the demonstration of love by God and everyone else that followed. Here goes:
Two text messages used the word "B*stards" to unkindly describe those that rejected me. One of those utilized "sh*t" as well. Funny how angry my situation made others! Rachel apparently yelled out loud in her French class when she received my text, and told her teacher, he "wouldn't understand."
One text message asked if I needed a moping session.
My dad and twin brother who were sort of in the area stopped by, said a few awkward words, hugged me, and then took Gabe with them.
Shawn just held me for the longest time, and then provided some good words of comfort. Awww.
But the really best part? Besides Rachel dropping off a king size thing of reeses peanut butter cups and a live tahiti FISH with Anna in the middle of the night? My whole entire family was in town. We went to Target and got sushi (still craving more. I hope Shawn realized how hard it was for me to share) AND a record/CD/radio/tape player so I can play all my records that were just returned to me. I have a little record player, but you have to play with the cord for an hour every time just to get it to decently work. It was sunny and rainy on the way there, which is my favorite weather and has been my entire life. Stacey is really good at knowing when to stop comforting and focusing on the loss and when to start distracting with her cheeky wit. Anyway, I had a feeling that I wouldn't make it into the program. The morning before I found out, I registered for English classes, and later that day started crying when I saw the envelope in the mailbox. Oh well. At least I got to hold Cohen more as a result of my disappointment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Kari. Things will all work out in one way or another eventually! And way to guilt your sister into more baby holding:p