Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It's a Slippery Slope, My Friend!

So Shawn and I bought beer yesterday. We just thought to ourselves, oh to H-word with it, you only live once.

Well we did buy it, but it was for cooking (as in ALL the alcohol will burn off during the frying process). It's for coconut shrimp, pretty much one of the best foods we've ever made and had.

We bought a six-pack, it being cheaper in the long run then getting a huge can of beer that we would only use a third of and would end up throwing the rest away.

So because of this purchase, the guy at the checkout I guess assumed we weren't Mormon, and proceeded to go off on how he wasn't Mormon, that he was from North Carolina, how kids younger than him would come in with fake I.D.'s all the time and beer beer beer beer beer beer beer. WOW! I had NEVER felt so uncomfortable! I wanted to yell at him, "DON'T YOU DARE ASSOCIATE ME WITH YOUR BEER-GUZZLING FRIENDS! WE DON'T DRINK BEER! WE'VE NEVER CONSUMED AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE! WE GET HIGH ON LIFE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" I don't want anyone to ever talk that at ease with me about beer again, as if I could relate. YEEEEEEEEEEEEESH! Talk about learning your lesson concerning avoiding the appearance of evil. ITOLDYOUSHAWN! Just kidding, it's not your fault. I'm the one that has been gunning to make it again ever since last time. (If you want the recipe, let me know!) The fun part about that was back when we were still single, we had this big can of beer we had bought for the shrimp coating, and we had kept in his apartment refridgerator :-). Good times. That's where the appearance of evil is fun, folks!

Things went great with my old roommate and me. Apparently she had never sensed any resentment or tension between us--she had even mentioned a desire to look me up to catch up a few months ago. (Kinda glad she didn't). Anyway, we caught up like old times. It was fun to have someone from that stage in my life, because I don't really here. There's Jessica and Janay, but they weren't in my ward or in my apartment or anything, so that pales to what Amanda and I were able to talk about. Like old ward crushes and friends, etc. AND HOW SHE WAS ROBBED! I knew that (this was the following year, not when we were roommates), but I didn't know that the meth head that stole it was caught, and she ultimately got all her stuff back.

She wants to go on a double date. We'll see :-)

I had this dream last night that I (actually I think I had kind of this bird's-eye view, like I was watching a movie. The girl that had enlisted was either Christina Ricci or Rose McGowan. I'm leaning towards the latter, but I was too far away to really see who it was) had enlisted in the army or the peace corps or something, and was living in this huge building, and how it SUCKED and was wondering how she got pulled into doing this, not having recalled ever signing up for anything in the first place, and wondering if there was any way to get out of it. GROSS! Think these things through, people! Anyway, something happened--like some of the troops had stolen something, and there was all this hubbub. Since she was having a difficult time anyway, I think she went AWOL, or just stayed with her folks for a day or two. She finally decided to go back to see if she could help, and when she did, the mansion was COMPLETELY RUN DOWN! As if no one had even stepped inside for years! There were all these cobwebs, and things were broken and scattered all over everything. I just freaked out! In the back there was this huge run-down shed full practically to the top of just STUFF, and there was this alternative-looking kid (as in not gothic, but not mainstream), in his mid to late teens, going through it, and she finally caught up to him (he saw her and kept trying to get away--not out of fear, just being obnoxious), and asked him what the crap had happened. I don't think he knew, but he finally had her come in, where there was a bunch of his other friends, all trying to be cool like him. YEEESH! Did I ever tell you how I dislike most teenagers? I think it was my mission that really drove that ick-factor home. Not to mention life in general. Anyway, she ended up going through a bunch of stuff, and came across some cute jewelry boxes and stuff. This kind of turned into my next dream. All of a sudden Lyndy, Jessie Spalding, Rachel Gillmore, Carma and Amber Longhurst and I were all trying to pile into the back of a car. Don't ask me how we did it, but we did. I think it was Lyndy, then Jessie, then me (all though the three of us kept changing places according to who we were talking to), then Carma, Amber and Rachel. That was the order. Anyway, we all just talked like old times (we all knew each other back in junior high/ high school--some of us even before that), and it was great! And then we stopped at this field with a building on the side of it. Some of us decided to cut each other's hair. I think I ended up having Amber (or maybe my old roommate Meridith? She was there at the building) cut my hair, and it turned out AWFUL and I was DEVASTATED! I told them not to cut it short, but they did anyway, telling me to LIVE A LITTLE! It was a lot longer in the front, but mostly on one side. When I dried it, it just poofed up like a bad 80's do. Whoever's hair I cut turned out great, by the way. I got so upset that I started throwing all this hairstuff and makeup in the toilet, and I was going to flush it, but then I realized there was NO WAY the toilet was going to be able to flush all of that, so I took most of it out, and just flushed what I could! In any case, it was fun catching up with old friends.

Sorry no pictures, but I am, in fact, that lazy.

5 comments:

Scratch Subtle said...

I had fried food again for lunch today. I know, I know I shouldn't have, but I just couldn't help myself. *sausage fingers twiddling*

Jessie and Adam (and Neko!) said...

I made it into your dream! Woo hoo! I love your beer story - I don't care who you are, that's funny. If only that guy at the counter knew... hehehe!

Amber said...

It was probably me who cut it short...you shouldn't ever have me cut your hair in real life!

Jessica said...

ok all that crap about alcohol burning off as it cooks...not so much true. you're closer to demise than you know my friend.

Rachel said...

LOL! Stephanie Branson mentioned to me that I was in your dream and so I had to look you up and read it. That is so great! Crazy. Made me question whether or not to go into beauty school! JK. Let's catch up sometime in real life...